The origins of “Ventilation, Gas and Heat Supply” specialty derives from the Chair of “Heating and Ventilation” operated within the Yerevan Construction Institute in 1934 as a sanitary and technical specialization. Levon Aslanyan leaded the Chair. In 1949 the profession was taught within the Construction Faculty of Yerevan State Institute. In 1954 the Chair was renamed and the associate professor L. Ghuloyan was appointed as the head of the Chair. Later on the Chair was leaded by G.H. Meliqyan, PhD and associate professor O.E. Khachikyan, PhD and associate professor V. Hakobyan, PhD and associate professor R. Arsenyan, Doctor-professor Z.A. Meliqyan, PhD A.M. Hovsepyan and Doctor-professor A.Ya. Margaryan. Current head of the Chair is Z. A. Meliqyan
The Chair educates and prepares planning and operating specialists of gas and heat supply, heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems as well as other engineering schemes.