The Chair of Design Environmental Planning was established on the foundation of Design and Tourism Faculty. Over the past five years the experience of Design Environmental Planning subsection had already formed original creative approach in the teaching of design subjects according to the strategy of Design and Tourism Faculty. Since April 2015 the Chair has been performing effective work in educational process developing wide educational strategy on the basis of creative interaction and experience of Faculty for the development of specialization in design environment.
The curricula of Chair are aimed at preparation and release of designer-specialists. The programme includes the following professional specializations:
- Development of conceptual and dimensional objects of urban environment and landscape,improvement and regeneration of zones having diverse functional significance.
- Conceptual and draft developments of residential, public and industrial areas’ interiors and theirs objective environment as well as design of urban, parkland, landscape areas.
- Design of urban environment furnishing local objects. Treatments of functional organization and furnishing of multi-functional environments (pavilions, sunscreen covers, billboards, exterior furnishing, playgrounds, fountains, signboards, lampshades, gantries, bus stations, parking lots, urban recreation zones, small design elements, etc.
- Functional and spatial environmental design for rest, pastime objects, mass events and exhibitions’ organization.
Study methodology of the professional Chair includes theoretical and practical directions, aimed at developing students’ competences of creative mindset and thinking, and dimensional imagination. The educational process includes wide spectrum of methodicalfacilities and teaching techniques, theory and practical planning, traditional and modern design technologies as well as active creative communication among the students and lecturers.
Strategic principles of education are oriented at
- developing the artistic and intellectual skills in students, as well as familiarizing them with the principles of design activities;
- revealing creative abilities and design thinking in students in the stage of environmental objects’ design and formation of original ideas;
- familiarizing the students with the principles of design process, and stage formation development method;
- teaching students correct functional zoning of environments with different nature and functionality, shaping the formation of environmental elements, familiarizing them with the professional hints to acquire design and artistic harmony;
- informing students about the methods of design solutions’ implementation, arming with the ability to organize and conduct practical activities such as promoting the problems, conceptualization of planning problems, preplanning analysis, drafting, project implementation and protection.
More interesting and up-to-date themes will be the topics for the graduation papers